How to measure inhibitor levels in the system?
Maintaining water system efficiency is crucial, but monitoring inhibitor levels in system water can be a complex task. Fortunately, molybdate test strips offer a simple and effective solution.
With ReDiant Molybdate test strips you can measure not only ReDiant Inhibitor H7, but other brand (Fernox, Adey, etc.) molybdate-based inhibitors. Don't know the different types of corrosion inhibitors? Read our blog post here.
In this guide, we explore how molybdate test strips provide a convenient method for accurately measuring inhibitor concentrations in seconds. Let's dive in!
Testing the water
- Fill a clean container with system water or get an easy access to it (via filter, for example).
- Dip a test strip into the water, swirl it around for 1-2 seconds.
- Shake off the excess water.
- Compare the strip to the color chart on the tube. Aim for anything between , that's the optimal level.
- If the results are lover than 100 ppm, the system has to be re-dosed.